Improve employee loyalty and retention of working mothers with Mothers at Work®.
Why Offer Mothers at Work?
We Help Employees:Understand the health benefits of breastfeeding for mothers and babies Prepare for and overcome breastfeeding challenges so they can succeed Save time by connecting them with certified lactation consultants who are available day and night Transition back to work while breastfeeding Save money on breast pumps
We Help Employers:Improve recruitment and retention of working mothers Comply with breastfeeding laws and regulations Reduce health care costs for newborns and mothers
What is Mothers at Work?
Mothers at Work provides expecting and breastfeeding mothers with resources they need to successfully breastfeed and return to work. Our program includes:
- 24/7 Access to Board Certified Lactation Consultants
- Discounted Medela®-brand breast pumps
- The administration of a breast pump subsidy program to further reduce the cost of pumps
- A Mothers at Work kit—delivered to the mother’s door
LifeCare will also help your organization understand legislation designed to support breastfeeding employees—and how it impacts your organization.
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act requires most employers to provide reasonable break time and a private place for nursing mothers to express breast milk during the workday, for one year after the child’s birth.
- Pediatrics reported a study that concluded the U.S. could save $13 billion a year and prevent 900 infant deaths if 90% of U.S. families would breastfeed exclusively for 6 months (2010).
- According to the U.S. Breastfeeding Committee, a $3 return is realized for every $1 invested in workplace breastfeeding programs (2010).