THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information – In connection with services, you or your employer or sponsoring organization (“Sponsor Organization”) must provide certain information so we can identify you and provide you services as you requested. Examples of such data include:
- Registration Information – Information such as your first name, last name and email address and in some cases, Member ID or Company Registration code are collected during registration. In some cases, this information is provided to LifeCare directly by you or your Sponsor Organization.LifeCare also collects a secret question which you will use for online password resets or identifying you when calling in for assistance. Once logged in, you may decide to provide other optional data types such as home address(s), phone #(s) to assist with transactions (described below). In some cases, you have the ability to extend your benefits to family members at which point we collect information such as the family member’s first name, last name, gender and the relationship to you.
- Transactional Information – In order to fulfill your request for services (i.e. information, referrals, services and/or discounts in a region you specify) we may need to collect additional information such as residence address and supporting details surrounding your particular need for the service. This maybe acquired Chat, Email, or a call depending on your Sponsor Organization’s plan, we may be required to collect credit card information to fulfill services. LifeCare’s systems do not store or transmit credit card information, however we partner with the trusted third party as specified in the “ How We Share Your Information ” section.
- Public or Community Forums – In some cases, your Sponsor Organization may subscribe to a “classifieds” feature allowing you to post or purchase personal items for sale with other Members. In such cases, you would enter data types such as item description, pricing, pictures and contact information you wish to provide.
- Information Received from Third Parties – LifeCare may receive your Personal Information from third parties in connection with services. We categorize these sources as LifeCare Sourced and Affiliated Third parties.
- LifeCare Sourced – In order to provide you with the best web and communication experience, LifeCare utilizes several third parties to provide us information on how you use our website, how our website is performing, and the effectiveness of our email communication so we can continue to customize and improve your experience. This is in form of cookies placed on your computer. Please see the “Cookies” under the “ How We Collect Information ” section for more information.
- Affiliated Third Parties – LifeCare’s services maybe offered to you through a service you have with another service provider. As part of your agreement with them, you have agreed to provide information to LifeCare. In such cases, your name and email address will be collected by LifeCare.
Anonymous Information – means information that does not identify you personally, but can provide us with usage data, either individually or in the aggregate. Non-Identifiable Information may include demographic information, aggregated information, certain information collected automatically through your device such as web browser information, server log files, cookie technology, and other technologies, and other non-personally identifiable information collected by us or provided by you.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
By Request : We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us.
Pixels – A tracking pixel is an HTML code snippet which is loaded when a user opens an email. It is useful for tracking user behaviors to help us gage the effectiveness of our communications.
Web Server Logs/IP Address – The computers that deliver our web pages to you may record information. For example, a web server log may record the search terms you enter on our websites, the link you clicked to bring you to the web page, your IP address, or cookies that are set on your browser.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Verifying your identity so that we can be sure that all of our communications with you are secure and confidential, for application security, and to help prevent fraud and data loss.
- Responding to inquiries or requests from you.
- Delivering products and services to you.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Customizing your experience on the website including managing and recording your preferences.
- Marketing, product development, and research purposes.
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website.
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics.
- Assisting users experiencing website problems.
- Enabling certain functions and tools on this website.
- Tracking paths of visitors to this website and within this website.
If you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email, unsubscribing within your website profile, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Unless required in connection with the provision of services, we will not share your Identifiable Personal Information with any third party except as set forth below:
Affiliates : We may share information with companies that we own or control, that are owned or controlled by us, or that are under common ownership or control.
Blogs, etc .: We may decide to allow users to share comments, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Law Enforcement : We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of LifeCare, or another person.
Legal Process : We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
Referred Providers : We may share information with other companies or individuals that provide products or services that you have requested, that we think may be of interest to you or that provide us or you with services. In this case, we will only disclose the limited amount of information necessary to perform the services you have requested.
Subcontractors/Contractors/Vendors : We may share information with LifeCare subcontractors, contractors or vendors to enable them to perform certain services for us or you, including, but not limited to, provisions of services to you, and/or application maintenance and performance improvement tasks. In all such cases we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Business Transactions : In the event that we, or any portion of our assets are sold or acquired, we may share all types of information with the acquiring company.
Sponsor Organizations : Generally identifiable information regarding your usage of services is not provided to your Sponsoring Organization. However, there are exceptions. In the event that a service requires imputing of income, payment of charges directly for your specific usage, or in the event that you mis-use the services in any way, information regarding your usage will be shared with your Sponsoring Organization.
Non-Identifiable Information is not Personal Information and may be shared, including being provided to your Sponsor Organization as part of de-identified aggregated reports.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our website, nor can we guarantee that the Personal Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and we are not liable for the illegal acts of third parties such as criminal hackers. Further, while we are dedicated to securing our systems and services, you are responsible in protecting the privacy of your password(s) and account/profile registration information and ensuring that the Personal Data we maintain to identify you is kept up to date.
CHOICE AND CONSENT
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
LifeCare realizes that children under the age of 13 may not understand all the provisions of our policy or be able to make thoughtful decisions about the choices made available. We urge all parents to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and any online services, and to teach their children about protecting their Personal Information while online. Therefore, LifeCare will not knowingly allow users under the age of 13 to use the site without the consent of their parent or guardian.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS/LINKS
You may have rights under certain state or federal laws applicable to your Personal Information. If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us as set forth below. We will respond to your request consistent with our obligations under applicable law.
CONTACTING LIFECARE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to make a request regarding your Personal Information, you can use the information below for your assistance:
- – Provides assistance in updating your information for usage of the website or issues related to the website;
- email@example.com – Provides assistance with all other requests regarding your Personal Information
You may also:
Call Us at:
Write Us at:
(Attn: Security and Compliance Department)
2 Armstrong Rd.
Shelton, CT 06405
Individuals may raise concerns regarding their Personal Information with LifeCare by submitting your concern as set forth below. Your submission must contain the following:
- Your Name
- Your Telephone Number
- Your Email Address
- Statement detailing your concern, including but not limited to:
- The identification of a real or potential harm that you have sustained or may sustain
Concerns may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , by phone to VP – Security, Audit and Compliance at 203-291-3453, or in writing, addressed to:
(Attn: Client Issues Department)
2 Armstrong Rd.
Shelton, CT 06405
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by LifeCare to third parties for direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content. Visit the California Legislative Website for more information in regards to your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Last Updated: December 31, 2019